Change your eating habits to promote clearer thinking and focus at work or at home. Use these 5 rules to guide your next meal throughout the day.
Support the Creative Person Podcast
Please rate the Creative Person Podcast on iTunes. Post a question you have about the Apple Watch and I'll answer it in an upcoming episode.
Daily Rules (habits)
- Eat veggies and fruit before carbs, meats, fried food, etc.
- Drink water not soda/juice
- Drink coffee black
- Easier with better coffee – i.e.: freshly roasted, freshly ground, and pour over (chemex or hario v60)
- I have an upcoming iPhone/Apple Watch app for amazing coffee brewing
- Walk more (5,000 steps a day goal)
- Meditative after speed walking for 10 minutes
- More creative thoughts and ideas flow after walking
- Prepare lunch/snacks at night or in the morning
- A friend or family member makes it less work and easier to start
I lost 20 lbs in one year
I've lost around 20 pounds by focusing on what I eat and preparing better meals for breakfast and dinner.
Eating veggies and fruit in the mornings and for lunch helps me avoid the food coma that I used to suffer from and allows me to focus better on my creative work.
I cut out most dairy during the day (cheese at night) so that my throat doesn't get gunky – which allows me to record with less effort and less takes (usually a single take for my videos or audio productions).
Get the scoop on my book recommendation for April 2015 and why you need to read it (as it pertains to apps + sales on Kickstarter).
- Positioning: The Battle for your Mind - By Jack Trout and Al Ries (Affiliate link)
- Follow me or ask a question on Twitter: @PaulSolt
- Do you want my daily smoothie recipe (vitamix)?