Learn about Paul’s hands on experience at the Apple Store where he was able to try on 5 different Apple Watch models and play with the user interface. Find out which Apple Watch is the best for you by scheduling an appointment.
Listener supported podcast
Please rate the Creative Person Podcast on iTunes. Post a question you have about the Apple Watch and I'll answer it in an upcoming episode.
3am wakeup to pre-order the Apple Watch on April 10th (super smooth)
I tried on 5 different Apple Watches.
- White Sport 38mm
- Classic Buckle 42mm
- Space Gray Sport 42mm
- Metal Link 42mm
- Milanese Loop 38mm
I explored the modern buckle and metal link mechanisms. Both are really neat if you enjoy precise engineering and magnets.
9 Apple Watch Highlights
- I prefer the 44mm Apple Watch (bigger screen) – my wrist is around 165mm (6.5 inches).
- The sports band is extremely comfortable.
- If you like metal, the milanese and metal link bands are very well designed.
- The heavier watch "head" makes it a little more awkward to put on the watch (first time users). I assume this will become second nature on a daily basis.
- Some buttons were either hard to tap, or unresponsive – this could be from the guided tour being limited on the desk top Apple Watch kiosk.
- The try on Apple Watches are a guided tour – you can't do anything except feel the band, haptic feedback, and see the types of interactions that are possible via a recorded demo session.
- You can't use any of the interesting features (health, fitness, and real taps from humans) until April 24th or later.
- Developers are going to have to re-imagine how to create pleasant app experiences – the demo unit is limited to only Apple's apps.
- Native Apple Watch apps are coming later this (or next) year.
See and try it on
Schedule an appointment online – and if you're adventurous order it from the Online Apple Store (the only place to buy watches until supplies are less constrained).
Which Apple Watch are you getting?
Reply below or post a review on iTunes with your preference – or any questions that I didn't answer in this episode.